PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 5th Mar 2010, 00:16
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Classic

I may be on here, but this is not a true and balanced representation of what is going on. I was watching "This Week" earlier, where there were clips of PMQ's, with Unite getting a mention, especially about bankrolling Labour. OK, Hague did better than Harman, but Unite was bandied across the House. Then Mrs Abbot commented that the Labour Party is skint.

A week is a long time in politics, but if this weeks polls are anything to go by, it will be Mr Brown in No 10, not Mr Airbrush. I was in a conversation, no that is not true, I was sitting round a table listening to Derrick Simpson a few years back, when he was suggesting the reasons why it was so important that Amicus and the T&G merged. The most fundamental reason, was the power to effectively lobby Government and 2 million voters is a big voice.

As more than a few people has suggested, this is not just about BASSA now, this is political at a parliamentary level. I am sure LHR slots will come into conversation at some point.

That is why I do not think there will be a strike.

But I have been on the red!