PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 4th Mar 2010, 22:30
Bang Bus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a section of an article in the Cairns post today
Cairns Airport security 'lax'- Local Cairns News | cairns.com.au
" The points Mr Henning made about Cairns included:

 Access to the general aviation area was "dead easy".
While there were security patrols, armed guards were required in specific areas.
The Dash 8, a commonly-used aircraft, was "critically vulnerable" because it could not be locked, had a weak point in its cockpit door and was easy to fly.
Airport staff were not trained in security awareness, were unable to identify security risks or knew how to deal with a security problem.
Security checks on people who had access to the tarmac, particularly construction workers, were not stringent and there were lax procedures over security identification tags.
"The Dash 8 is like driving a Hyundai car. You start it up and it’s easy to fly, just like driving a car," Mr Henning said."

Maybe someone should let our training department know, we can bin the cyclic program and get some late model excels instead.

Hyundai "JET LIKE SPEED" lol hopefully a confidence booster to all the guys applying that thought it may have been challenging, I worked bloody hard to get here and spent a truckload of dosh myself and all along I should have just bought a car.
Another gem from a journo with NFI.