PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 4th Mar 2010, 17:47
Classic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sussex2
I have just flown two sectors with BA across the Atlantic, and I have this to say; that I have never flown with such professional and considerate cabin crew. You will never get such service from someone 'trained' to do the job. You train dogs, not humans.
No-one who regularly posts here suggests that BA cabin crew aren't professional and considerate.
And of course they were trained in their role. Any volunteers will be equally professional and considerate, if not quite so slick in the first couple of trips.

BA senior management have done wrong in this dispute is to attempt to demonise all cabin crew,
Please quote where they have done that.

It has been an utter disgrace to publish crews allowances in the red top press, and has blatantly shown how low the management of the company is prepared to sink.
The 'leaked' pay scales are, for a start, in the public domain (see CAA website), and demonstrated BA's legitimate need to reduce cabin crew costs when compared to our competitors. That's not sinking low, that's stating your case.
BA management will win this dispute, of that I have no doubt.
Glad you agree, so what's the point in destroying your union by going on strike then?

, I do wonder what worth they will be afterwards; who will trust them?
Things have a nasty and inevitable habit of coming around and going around, and this will happen, absolutely and for dead sure.
What's that supposed to mean? What would possibly concern BA on an industrial basis after winning this?

Or are you simply relying on 'Fate'?