PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi Regional
Thread: bmi Regional
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2010, 10:53
EvilDutyChanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deep And Fast Aka John,

Quoting my statement about an undercrewing situation back in Oct 2009 at a stage with an unusual amount of Off Line activity really does not prove that BMI Regional may or may not be overcrewed at a totally different time with a potentially different flying schedule coupled with potentially different SBY levels. Thanks for the mention but i really dont see the relevance.

Nor funnily enough do i believe your assertion that the reason many BMI Regional pilots may be looking for work elsewhere is as a result of "disrespect" from management. For those of us who have or had worked in aviation over the past 10 - 15 years we remember the fact BMI Regional have historically had 10-15 pilots leave a year , the vast majority of those do so to fly differing A/c Types and sizes. That unfortunately will always be the case with regional airlines as many pilots do not wish to fly Embraers or whatever type is in operation at the time for the remainder of their career. This is a normal event for a regional airline. Before you joined BMI regional this was certainly the case, hence why you were told that it was "normal" to spend 6 months away from your preferred base (Pilots leaving create base movement). Now that it would appear that there is recruitment back in aviation , and assuming that these 15 or so pilots were successful at interview then base moving will return to those levels that BMI Regional are used to.

Not anywhere near as dramatic as your own beliefs but i believe more relevant.

Can i assume from your comments , that if you were told at interview that there was no guarantee of ever getting to your preferred base , you would have declined any job offer that was forthcoming ?

Rgds PB