PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 4th Mar 2010, 09:27
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new fleet

Dave747436 sorry `balanced` was wrong choice of word
I think there was an update in November which mentioned new fleet and the way that routes would be transferred to it.As far as I remember it the assurance was that new fleet would not come in until there was growth in the business/routes and trips would be banded (A,B,C) and transferred pro rata, thereby giving current crew some assurances.
I don`t think new fleet has ever been off the table just the way it is brought about and integrated.
Looking at some of WW words from y/day, for example, he quotes BA`s cost v QF as being 36% higher. Without those assurances re- new fleet it would make good business sense as QF have done to have cheaper crew operating those routes.
If BASSA don`t agree to anything and/or go on strike and WW invokes 90 day SOSR, (which, imho will be something akin to the june/oct/nov/dec proposals and not new contracts for all but without assurances about route transfers, thereby recouping the extra cost to the company of the impact of the proposed IA) then what is to stop WW creating BA Far East cabin crew as a start for the new contract people? Therefore starting with the routes that are most expensive in terms of CC costs. (NRT/HKG/SIN/BKK/PEK)
To my mind BASSA`s only hope for survival is to bite the bullet and agree `reluctantly` to the best of BA`s offers. The stumbling block is that BASSA need one `big issue` over which they can claim victory. Any ideas?
But the longer it goes on the more WW and BA can`t allow BASSA to survive.