PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 4th Mar 2010, 08:29
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Capt. Stoobing. Your daughter was quite cute back in the 70's
Long time, no talk matey. You don't return my calls any more....

Somebody of your experience and capability is wasted over there, Stoob. You would have so much potential at the place where so many of your colleagues are leaving Qlink to go to. Even in Brisneyland

Qlink was a great job, but the last Eastern EBA was the killer for me. It gave me no time with my family and lots of single days off (useless).

It's a single man's/aerosexual's job now. I work to live, not live to work. So I left. No regrets, apart from missing my former work colleagues (such as yourself).

Capt. Stoobing old and crusty? What are you, Stoob? 30? Must be the cadets calling you that, Shaggs

The rest of you enquiring about recruiting: I did it for 8 years till 2008. For the last couple of years it was for Qlink as a group, and even Jetstar. Unless it has changed, we were recruiting for both Eastern and Sunstate, with successful candidates being offered positions in whichever airline needed crew at the time.

For the aerosexuals among you wondering about the HCAOC - EAA and Sunnies went to that for the -300 back in the early millennium. Greater than 36 seats. The whole fleet is covered by this, regardless of whether it's a -200 or -400. End of story. If you don't have the requirements for a command under that AOC, best you get out into the big wide world and get "some air under your arse" until you do.

The world doesn't owe you a living

Stoob, I have 16 days off in the next roster. 12 days are long weekends (4 of). I never got more than 1 weekend (2 days off) at Qlink. All-over, this is a far more family-friendly job.

We need at least 100 new pilots this year..... Could you be one of them, Stoob?