PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 4th Mar 2010, 06:34
Captain Stoobing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"if you are successful you will be employed by QANTASLINK" was quoted by Texan Pilot.

As it stands today Qantaslink is still just a trading name for several separate business'. Any pilot commencing employment receives a letter from "Qantaslink.......Sunstate/Eastern.

If any pilot were employed by Qantaslink as a company no one would have to resign to transfer between separate AOC bases, ie Brisbane to Melbourne.

One poor fellow just did 2 years on the SSA seniority and has had to resign and join the bottom of the EAA seniority list to move to Melbourne. A real pity.

Being referred to as "Old and Crusty" by some cabin crew, I have been here a while and long enough to have a balanced opinion. I have to say its a great job, definately not Eastern or Sunstate anymore, but thats OK. You won't retire rich in this job, but you will have half days at home, the odd reserve day and be around enough to plan for your retirement in other ways................IF you are smart with your money. I work hard sometimes but no where near that of my friends outside of aviation who regularly do 12 hour days in the office job they have.

Many should remember that this is not about flying planes, its about what flying planes can do for your life so you don't have to fly planes. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, and I adopt a professional attitude everytime I strap myself to the plane, but its just a job, and it provides money to do other things that I would rather be doing.

If you join soon, please just enjoy the job. I have and many many others have since day 1.

Capt Stoobing. ( Does anyone remember the love boat anymore? )