PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 17:20
BAAlltheway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Papillon

Thanks for the PM. Nice touch.

In the light of me not being very far from accuracy in predicting content of todays announcement (despite some sceptisism i sensed!), i hope that my message of support seems even more genuine and less threatening!

I was in attendance at the forum today, and was vastly encouraged by both the strong position that Willie took in stating FACTS, and dispelling some of the myths, and also the genuine interest and support in the room.

It was great to see that some crew had taken the time to come along, and i think it was VERY positive that they put their heads above the parapet to ask questions, and reasonable, logical questions. It sent a clear message to all the non CC staff present, that there are reasonable CC out there who ARE interested in hearing what WW has to say, and do listen, and do want to hear answers, and make sensible suggestions and points.

It was also a good message that BA CC should be respected for the excellent jobs that they do, and given the support they deserve, and not to be hard on the crew whose union has been doing them a dis-service. One of the tactics UNITE/BASSA seems to have employed is to try and alienate CC from the rest of the company and vice versa. The lets be united and work together for a better company message was a powerful juxtaposition to the UNITE poison.