PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 16:37
ChicoG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys sorry but was that it today? Was that the best Walsh can do?

Don't mean to piss on your parade but what was he thinking about today making that "huge" annocument. Hardly earth shattering and if anything inflammatory.

Doesn't appear to be a man who wants to sort things out to me. I think he scored an own goal personally.
Ozzie,

Was the message not clear? I think even the most deluded BASSA member now knows that BA are playing hardball.

- Strikers WILL lose ST and it will not form any part of a 'back to work' deal.
I don't think he could be any clearer. You strike, you lose your ST perks FOREVER. If that doesn't give pause, then it really does beggar belief.

This is no longer a negotiation. It's an ultimatum.

BASSA could have precluded all of this a year ago, instead of which they tried to wheedle their way out of it with a hotpotch of claimed savings and threats of IA.

Has the message not yet sunk in that these clueless reps have sold their members down the river?

We should ALL be working towards a resolution.
BASSA should have been doing that 12 months ago instead of refusing to negotiate! It's a bit late to come running back now demanding fairness when they've cost BA millions with their juvenile intransigence.