PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 3rd Mar 2010, 00:27
TexanPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interview process involves pretty much spending an entire day there (9 to 5ish). There are two guys who conduct the interview and they only say their names; they don't say anything about what they role is in the company and they try to back you into a corner every chance they get.

It's quite unprofessional in the sense that they do not provide you any information on the company, when they will notify you; I wasn't even sure if it was sunstate or eastern interviewing me.
I can't comment on the interview for the Training program as I was direct entry.
Not really sure what interview you went through but I would have to agree with RM. I found the whole process very professional.

I was interviewed by an individual from recruitment and an Eastern F/O, the sim was completed by an Eastern Check & Training Capt.

In the end it does not matter who interviews you, if you are successful you will be employed by QANTASLINK. The only difference is that you will operate under the appropriate AOC for your basing.

As far as the interviewers not telling you much about the company... they don't. But why should they? IT IS AN INTERVIEW!!!!! if you want to join the company don't you think you should learn about the company first? I was asked questions on what I knew about the company and I was able to answer them (that could be why I now work for the company).

The best advise for the interview I can give is to put the work in. Study IFR procedures, CAO req's, Climb gradients and ofcourse learn the company (Chief Pilots name would be a good start).

Good luck to all that are applying or interviewing, it is worth it when you are on the inside.