PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 22:24
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Scargill:

Regarding your comment:
Oh and just to be clear - i'm not crew. I just have a niggling doubt that whatever message WW has to deliver, its not just going to affect the Cabin crew
And therein lies the rub. Nothing, and I repeat, NOTHING, regarding this situation involves "just" cabin crew. BASSA has failed to recognize this in their communications to their detriment.

While evoking absolutely reprehensible imagry these individuals, being paid by their members, lost the fact that they were also communicating with not only their members but Cabin Crews' co-workers, the people that haul the bags, check the luggage, schedule the flights, fly the darn planes, and the public who want to fly their airline of choice.

As a previous poster so aptly stated, this message may be one of "Do not let your guard down, we still have a threat in front of us and we need to be prepared." It may be something more, something less.

But in any event, this situation is absolutely about more than militant Cabin Crew.

That the CEO is addressing you may be a first, however it is not a negative for the BA workforce. It reveals engagement.

If BA doesn't announce an agreement tomorrow each and every BA employee should read this engagement as a sign of respect.

..and, as I've had two cocktails this evening, for the BASSA militants, if BA isn't coming forth with a concilitory message, if they are providing a message of continuing defensiveness towards BASSA's actions, I would advise you to look at BA's previous offerings, what your position is now, and consider the thoughtful commentary of a great U.K. philosopher, Eddie Izzard, and consider...

"Cake or Death".