PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 2nd Mar 2010, 21:12
ArthurScargill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just not sure how much longer the BA board is going to be happy to let BASSA drag their heels and allow the forward bookings to be decimated on a daily basis; BASSA have shown no real willingness to negotiate in good faith for the last year, I'm not sure I'd trust them to start now. (and I don't even think BASSA are aware of their poor starting position for these talks)

I think if I were CEO, I'd be giving them till Wednesday to agree a deal, and after that, make it quite clear that from then on, all losses in forward bookings were being added to the IFCE saving target. I would mail all crew individually and make them an offer, and let them know that BASSA continued to act as they are, new punitive contracts that clawed back the losses would be forthcoming.

In simple terms, to borrow an American phrase, BA need to tell BASSA to "sh*t or get off the pot" and if that doesn't work, just go around BASSA and cut a deal with the staff direct and see what BASSA have to say about it later.

BA can't be held to ransom like this.
Flexy - are you sure you're not actually the CEO ?

ON a serious note, i'm a little nervous myself for what might be announced tomorrow. I don't think its going to be a happy message. Thats for sure !!
[Oh and just to be clear - i'm not crew. I just have a niggling doubt that whatever message WW has to deliver, its not just going to affect the Cabin crew]