PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 1st Mar 2010, 10:53
Golden Ticket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbussinger

I think it fair to say that the unions stance has changed with the wind direction and due to their poor negotiation at the beginning of last year resulted in imposition being carried out by BA. Neither the cabin crew or the general public really new what the union stood for from day to day.

I don't think the post you have quoted from implied or stated that BA CC never make mistakes.

As individuals apart from removing ourselves from the union it's difficult to move the juggernaut onto a new tack. There was an alternative union in Amicus but with the merging of them and BASSA the alternative has now gone.

As you can see from historic posts here it has been extremely difficult for the moderate voice to be heard in BASSA so I have to agree with Crash and Burn that the BA cabin crew have been poorly represented.

Many crew I fly with have a far more moderate view but don't feel they can leave the union (we all need to feel a degree of protection in our work environment) or voice their more moderate view within the union.