PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ways to ensure your EK contract is honored
Old 1st Mar 2010, 06:28
TheyCallMeTrinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ways to ensure your EK contract is honored

Hello my fellow pilot types I just thought I'd offer ideas to motivate EK to honor our signed legal contract. It seems many of my petrified co-workers are unable to finds ways to nudge management in the right direction without stirring a potentially punitive response. So, I thought I'd offer some tips we used at my previous company. Tactics which lead to us getting an industry leading contract and surprise surprise despite the fact we were the highest paid pilots on earth for our aircraft types to this very day my previous company is still profitable. Shocking.
Conversely we here at EK are one of the lowest paid for our A/C types neato. Well, why don't I just get right to it.

*Start APU at some interval prior to what you normally would. Every minute extra than what you would normally do obviously costs EK money.

* Here's a big one: Drop that d@mn parking brake ASAP. You have a 20 minute gate hold eh, well guess what imagine if every flight dropped that break and our flight time started ticking. Well, that means the schedule block will eventually have to be changed and maybe we can fend of those 3 pilot ULRs or maybe we won't be scheduled for so many trips to begin with. System wide minutes turn into hours. Sure we won't get paid for the extra but it does chip away at our annual flight time.

*Speaking of flight time what about that taxi speed. Are you truly taxing at a safe speed. Are you really doing 10 knots of Z? Do you need to whip around those corners at 11 or 12 knots. How about 5. Here's another thing you will use lots more fuel taxing around a corner at 5 knots. An added bonus.

*Level change what level change? Spend some extra time at an in efficient level especially if it's nice and smooth. I can hear the whiners now complaining about running out of fuel and going to the alternate. Well, suck it up smokey and take one for the team. Can you even imagine how expensive a diversion is? Uhmmm Yummy.

*Forget that continuous descent business that's for people who are compensated properly.

*You know that data link ACARS business. Well, airlines buy the access in chunks of data. So, what if we all became excessively obsessed with en-route weather? Think about it every time you here "Bing" and out prints some CAVOK you have scored another small victory for your signed peace of trash called a contract.

*Ride them brakes cowboy. They cost a fortune.

Okay, thats just a couple of suggestions please add more my brothers as they come to you. Keeping in mind they should be virtually undetectable. And to the patriots, slaves and scabs I say this: pi$$ off. I was lured here under false pretenses. My "contract" has not be honored. I am sick of being treated like a child by the company when I have acted honorably and faithfully for far to long. I don't leave because I'm locked in for now and I'm not running anywhere especially because I know change can come from with in especially if we all sound off like we have a pair.

Happy flying! Fly "Safe"