PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 28th Feb 2010, 19:06
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My flights over the last few days have all been less than half full. This cannot continue.
And so have some of mine, not all. I agree that the premium cabins are less than half full, not necessarily the case in the economy cabin.

I'm sure that there must be a few ex accountants or city brokers in the cabin crew community (hello Private Eye!) that would agree
Hot Wings,
An unfair remark don't you think, made by yourself and many others on this thread?

Some of us are qualified in various degrees which have pride of place in our homes.
We do have a little more intelligence than we are given credit for though not all of us choose to shout it from the rooftops. There are cabin crew who have LLBs, crew with various business degrees who have been to the top ten universities in the UK, namely Bristol, Warwick, Kings and Durham to name a few. Some of them have a First in Economics and Philosophy from Bristol if I'm not mistaken, having read an earlier post written by BAcrewboy.
Why they chose to work for BA as Cabin Crew is their business and no one else's. No one has to justify it here. This thread is about industrial relations and negotiations.

I love my job and consider myself extremely fortunate to be employed by BA. I wear my uniform with pride and give our passengers simply the best service every day that I fly because that is exactly what I would expect if I were flying BA. That for me will never change.

So guys, please don't undermine and ridicule us and what we do, we don't undermine you. I have the utmost regard for all my colleagues in each and every department in BA and respect what they do. Likewise, I respect anyone else who works for a living in any industry regardless of what they do.

Mods, my aplogies in advance for going off thread.

I'm BA cabin crew and the above represent my personal opinions and not those of BA.

Last edited by Tiramisu; 28th Feb 2010 at 22:40. Reason: Spelling and repetition!