PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 28th Feb 2010, 13:15
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand employment law, and post Maggie T I understand it has its limitations, but. . . . is there no scope here for the permanent employees to take industrial action if the company "employs" (be it through PARC/CTC whoever) someone to do the job at a pittance and thereby in effect make the post unavailable to a more "suitable" i.e. experienced candidate, and quite demonstrably lay down a marker as to where future employees will be graded.
Alternatively is there no clause in your BALPA negotiated "agreement" that prevents someone being employed on lesser terms.
FFS, if there is, give your CC a clout on the lug, and insist they do likewise to BALPA HQ NOW. . before you are totally Donald Ducked (which will happen sooner than you think)
If there is no protection in employment law, or no clause, then play dirty and find another reason to take action, but find a reason now, or there will very soon be nothing left to protect.
Forget all this "cosy free-masonic/we are all professionals together" clap-trap ("zero cost solutions" my @rse ) & fight HARD, fight NOW and fight DIRTY, like they do, whilst there is still a modicum of time & chance left.
Christ, you have BALPA recognition and yet you still let this sh1te, which is as bad or worse than anything Ryanair have imposed on a non-union workforce, continue, nay prolifigate, and then the union-defenders wonder at the result of the BALPA poll on the other thread.
For crying out loud DO SOMETHING ! ! !