PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 28th Feb 2010, 11:57
EGCC4284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1300 Euro per month

So is that how much they value their co-pilots. I am not talking about cadets doing line training here, this is someone who has an Airbus rating and some hours on it. Now do you understand, your management are taking the piss now and you need to do something about it. Not just for yourselves, but for everyone in the industry. If not, the UK will end up like the USA with in the next 5 years.

This thread is nearly 7 days old now.

115 post and viewed 11,145 time. Everyone is watching in disbelief.

A question for anyone in the know, have your CC been bought off???? Please feel free to put me straight on this

Take home pay 1300 Euro per month, that’s what easyJet think the rate should be.

And those few who come out with "they don’t have to do it" are as much to blame as those that do it, so the "alright Jack" lot need to wake up and think about what your job maybe like in 5 years time.

All it needs is for easyJet to take 100 pilots a year from anywhere in the world and within 5 years, you’re screwed.

The time to stop this is not next year, next month or next week, its now if you want to do something about it.

I have to go and work abroad in the Middle East, as are about another 80 Thomson pilots that are being made redundant. What is being offered by CTC and PARC is a slap in the face to us as much as it is to those wanting to get on the ladder and those already employed within easyJet.

Many of us would rather stay here and would be happy to work for you for the going rate, not this prostitution rate

Either easyJet needs pilots or they don’t. If they do, then employ them and give them the rate for the job. Is that too much to ask.

Even being in the RHS is a pay cut for me under normal conditions, I am not bragging but I dont have any debt to repay back I worked hard and paid for everything as I went. However the realities are I have a mortgage which costs 1300 Euro per month, that would be what I could expect to recieve after tax working their max hours.
And this guy does not have a £70,000 plus interest debt. This says it all

They are taking the piss out of YOU, ME AND EVERYONE ELSE