PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 28th Feb 2010, 10:25
FlyingSpanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couldnt afford it

Hi Guys,

I am an engineer who has managed to break into the flying game. I got rated on the A320 and was lucky enough to get some flying with an airline that i worked with during summer season.

I was looking for a more permanent position and had applied to Flixi Crew, however a friend of mine told me about the terms and conditions and I could not afford to take a position like that.

Even being in the RHS is a pay cut for me under normal conditions, I am not bragging but I dont have any debt to repay back I worked hard and paid for everything as I went. However the realities are I have a mortgage which costs 1300 Euro per month, that would be what I could expect to recieve after tax working their max hours.

I simply could not afford to live on fresh air! So I will have to keep looking and waiting for a reasonable paying job while still working as an engineer. Though even the rates for that have gone down over the last 2 years!

As a wise man once said "F*ck Em"

Keep the faith!

Spanner