PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The New UK NPPL
Thread: The New UK NPPL
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2002, 08:11
nonradio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm. QNH I think you make some interesting observations but the thrust of your argument seems only to apply to those lucky enough to have been able to afford a licence in the first place; which is what Evo's point was with respect to being able to 'afford' to fly. I am afraid I cannot see the new licence being a spur to new folk learning to fly - it doesn't affect the hourly rate on the aircraft you fly nor the landing fees you pay etc etc .Please don't think I am knocking the new licence, I think it is right that recreational flying should be administered this way and that's a good thing but I do get fed up when people keep saying it's going to be 'easier' (by which I am presuming we mean cheaper) to obtain a flying licence now.. We are effectively importing millions of pounds worth of flying training (mostlyfrom the US) and nobody seems to mind.
3QDM - nice spiel about standards! Are you really saying that you personally would need a month's course to learn how to do an 'aviation' medical? Most humans operate the same way so I imagine an HGV driver is subject to much the same inspection as a PPL or ATPL for that matter. I wonder on the argument about up front costs we could do the same thing for Flying instructors, or helicopter pilots since it takes a bit of dosh to get qualified and would be nice to have one's own patch...