PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 27th Feb 2010, 02:21
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is somewhat disheartening to see that some robust criticism of a post leads WWW to simply remove his/her earlier postings than leave them in place to attract valid criticism in the full light of day.

It is indicative of the union's evasiveness that the union prefers to play a game of politics than addressing the issues at the centre of the debate - it is quite clear that in addressing WWW we are possibly dealing with one of the senior reps or a rep's close clique, who is attempting through off-topic input to this thread to deviate attention from the lack of negotiations towards methods of garnering a measure of union solidarity, chiefly by suggesting that every other employee group in the company, plus the wider world, are out to get them.

This is patently untrue, and it is clear by most of the input to this thread that most people simply want to see the staff get some real representation that stands up for their interests, and to provide correct information.

There are many educated crew - I think it is off topic to suggest that it is untrue that there might be a medical professional among their number. I can think of a multitude of reasons why there might be some among their number, but no reason why it is relevant to BASSA's total failure to substantively negotiate.

However, I also find it unlikely to suggest that in this economic climate, that even a trained and current accountant who is presently working as crew would be able to find work immediately, paying a reasonable salary, given their more recent work experience.

The issue is that the union is playing games with fire and jeopardising those individuals' wages by refusing to negotiate and provide effective representation.

In case that was not clear, let me make it so - the missteps of a union that opens itself to criticism by the USMC through over-emotive rousing of it membership is doing nothing more than furthering power games of senior union officials.

In wasting time and money both making the video and attracting outside attention that is irrelevant to the present discussions with the company, it is jeopardising those individuals' wages by refusing to negotiate and provide effective representation.

Hello once again just a quick note to say that Jorg Handwerg from Vereinigung cockpis (cockpits association ) LH has confirmed his comments if you doubt my word get BALPA to give him a call. I now know for sure LH pilots have respect for other workers unlike the few BA helpers with no shame.
People are volunteering to help the company, largely as most people want a job at the end of the day; in attempting to strike, the union risks destroying the company, and any chance of replacing pension fund losses

Last edited by Re-Heat; 27th Feb 2010 at 03:08.