PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 26th Feb 2010, 21:45
piton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please tell me that one of you cabin crew moderates has contacted the UK press with both the details of the BA proposals as outlined in post # 1511 and the link to the latest BASSA video? That the change from eg 15 to 14 cabin crew on a 747 can lead to these comparisons is laughable. Are they aware that other airline crew have lost their jobs or taken sizeable paycuts as well as having to concede on conditions?

Even if WWW is correct with his statement that Jorg Handwerg questioned the cockpit volunteers actions I am sure JH is not aware of the attitude of BASSA hardliners - refusing to negotiate for 9 months and passing up probably the least restrictive offer in the last year in any western airline. And this after flight deck crew have already taken pay cuts and productivity increases. Not to mention BASSA's silence on the issue of members who advocate poisoning volunteer crew by interfering with their food or drink amongst other things.

I also first thought the video was meant to be ironic or a joke - hearing it was shown at the union meeting totally blows my mind.....

As an afterthought - maybe the BASSA hardline executive members/reps should be kept in isolation in a small cell for a couple decades (as Mandela was). Would solve a lot of the current problems and give them some right to use those images!

Last edited by piton; 26th Feb 2010 at 21:55.