PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 26th Feb 2010, 19:29
djfingerscrossed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gyni - no problem. I really should have worded my reply to Harry a little better.

I hope you can see the problem though. A lot of these guys are all very intelligent, most put me to shame, and have excellent degrees. I have absolutely no doubt they'd all do very well in their degree related industries. The problem they face is that massive numbers of people are degree educated and only core industries ask for specific degrees. Even most of these are over subscribed to. Entry level grad jobs might just let them scrape by if they could live at home with parents or house share with fellow cadets. No experience means they can't chase the better paid vacancies and they don't have the hours to apply for any other airline positions. Couple this with the bank playing hardball and you can begin to see how futile it can seem.

No requirement here for any smart arses to pipe up saying they can't be that clever as they got themselves in a financial pickle. In my opinion they've been sold down the river.

We, they, I, whatever, would be very grateful of your support. I can completely empathise with your thoughts and I've been in a similar position before in engineering. No resolution was forthcoming and the union happily got members to sell new entrants out. Reduction in terms and closure of the final salary pension scheme and low and behold with smaller numbers now that is under threat.
What I would say is that the majority, neigh, almost all of the people in the holding lake, tried to reject the deal. It became extremely apparent that easyJet wouldn't offer anything substantial in terms of improvements or concessions and with nothing else available I can't bring myself to criticise them. Rock, hard place.

I only wish everyone had held out a little longer. It was obvious easy needed crew but with the threat of OAA-let's-throw-30k-at-it looming large and HSBC barking for repayments and taking legal action what to do?