PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 26th Feb 2010, 11:30
teddybear44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pvmw

Don't think a recruiter would automatically associate in the way you suggest. If assessing a CV, you really need to look at more than just who the last employer was. Components such as educational and professional qualifications, achievements, positions of responsibility held and other abilities and interests all contribute to the overall picture of the applicant. People who work in HR probably would not hold such simplistic views as 'oh, x company.... must be trouble'. There may of course, be those that hold biased views on certain things but the job would be to be objective with regard to assessing the CV itself. I still think people associate BA with customer service and that its staff have a high level of people skills. I've used BA a lot and would do again. Industrial disputes are never pleasant and I don't feel there is a valid case for this particular one but I also don't agree that simply being party to a dispute should impact on your employability into the future. This does seem a bit like thread drift but chucking my tuppence worth in anyway.

Regards,

Ted

Last edited by teddybear44; 26th Feb 2010 at 11:58.