PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air China – the signing of a framework agreement to establish a jointly owned cargo a
Old 25th Feb 2010, 19:44
GTC58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not know why the B744 - B777 C&T conversions got cut to 14. I didn't even know that happened. Maybe some of the C&T where found not suitable for the B777 fleet just kidding .....

Never heard that all our BCF's are going to ACC. 4 is the number.
You are quite right the 747-8 will do transpacific apparently Chicago being the first freighter destination. You might be also right that when the -8s are coming CX has no need for the remaining BCF's. However the -8s delivery dates are delayed. So CX will need the BCF's for a while longer and if any/all go to ACC is questionable. Even if ACC would get all BCF's, considering the -8 delivery schedule you would be looking at a 2.5 to 3 year time period from now. Quite a reasonable time frame for ACC to train crews on their own.

As far as I understand it the 4 BCF's and spare engines result in an equity stake in ACC. These BCF's will be operated under ACC OC. I seriously doubt that any CX pilot, incl. C & T, will be flying any ACC aircraft.

Conspiracy theories are always entertaining aren't they?

Last edited by GTC58; 25th Feb 2010 at 19:55.