PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 25th Feb 2010, 17:05
EGCC4284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cmon-PullUP

Can you point me to where I say you are idiots, and I will check if I wrongly used it to label all easyJet pilots. That was not the intention and applogise if I did. Please direct me and I may edit that one. But what I will say is this. If you think that having the attitude of “I’m alright Jack” that this problem will not develop, then yes those that think that are idiots. Just for the record, I don’t think all easyJet pilots are idiots, just the ones with the I’m alright Jack Attitude.

As for your HR doing a good job, do you mean by not employing me? Please feel free to explain that one, what is it you saying? Are you saying I am not capable or would not fit in? Please elaborate. Just for the record, I did not do CTC. I did not buy my way into a job. I am leaving Thomson with 2 years of my bond left and they are wiping the slate clean as I am being made redundant. Sounds to me I was lucky to be employed by a company that at the time I was recruited, did not want to shaft me or the others that started with them in the last 5 years. Yes, your HR are certainly doing a good aren’t they.

777, yes a nice plane, can’t wait.

sidtheesexist

I was not saying that the bright young things were not to partly blame at all. But look at it from their point of view. They sign on the dotted line 2-3 years ago, go the full hog thinking that they will end up in a good job and then they are offered nothing or this. Do they say no and not get a type rating, 1500 hours and let everyone else pass them, or do they take it to get the experience in the hope the market will change enabling them to be able to move on. The interesting thing will be that once this becomes common knowledge, who will want to sign on the dotted line with CTC for a full time mega buck course when the end product is £70,000+ debt with interest to be offered a £23,000 job with some sort of a clause in the contract that they will be penalised if they leave before 3 years.

The question I have asked time and time again but don’t seem to be getting an answer to is this. Are the easyJet CC being approached by any easyJet pilots complaining about what is happening. Are you going to be straw poled on the feeling of your pilot workforce.

One last time, I and many many others on the outside cannot believe you lot are not going ape. At least Monarch pilots kicked off about their little bit of crap and stood together. You may have read about that in the BALAP mag.

I know our CC are shaking their heads in disbelief at what is happening at your place.

NSF, you still alive LOL