PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 25th Feb 2010, 15:51
wascrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wish list

winston smith

``Some goodies from today's meeting:

1. Crew members to be reinstated.
2. Transfers from LGW to LHR - nice to see they are focusing on LGW which they sold down the river years ago.
3. New Fleet to be cancelled.``

I presume this is the BASSA wish list and not what they have `negotiated` so far
If it is a wish list or what the members present at the meeting want (what about those that couldn`t make it?) then it just hastens BASSA`s demise.

The delay in naming strike dates under the guise of `more `negotiations` will not have gone down well with WW as forward bookings take a hit under this uncertainty. If he now decides to offer 90 day SOSR on a take it or leave it basis then he will be the villain but all along BASSA/UNITE have been the villains (with regard to not negotiating on behalf of their members. BASSA i guess are hoping WW will do just that and they can escape under the guise that they did their best but WW is the bully that pushed this through.
I am trying to think of any other industry outside of a transport industry whereby the unions would gain through not naming strike dates.
Thoughts too please whether BA welcome the delay (outside of trying/saying to the public that they hope to avoid a strike) in naming the dates or it is another mosquioto buzzing around their heads.