PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 25th Feb 2010, 15:47
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newsflash now up about the meeting and what was discussed is on the BASSA website. Don't know if I can post it here so will rather not!

Basically it said they are not announcing strike dates yet as the talks are extremely slow but there has been movement (they didn't say what that was as it is confidential apparently) It says they would rather continue with the talks to see what comes out of it than ''press the button just yet.'' Fair enough.

Winstonsmith - is that true that it was said New Fleet is to be removed? If so great, but like someone mentioned now Unite has to find £140m of savings from us along with new/future crew. I think to minimise what savings have to be made we have to keep the crew complement reduction they cannot put crew back on (well maybe make a few tweaks to the matrix etc here and there) otherwise we will have to give up lots more. This is what alot of crew do not understand.

We will just have to wait and see. I hope that the negotiations continue postively and we can get a deal very very soon (am hopefully) so that a strike does not come about. I don't want to strike, but whilst I am happy to come to work, I would obviously rather not cross a picket line if I can!! Also, if a deal is reached soon that is reasonable we all know where we are and continue doing our job that we enjoy rather than all this that has been getting worse for the last 12 months now!