PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 25th Feb 2010, 14:35
midman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sixmilehighclub
I am quite possibly wrong regarding figures and taxation there, and should re-read before posting, and would love to know the exact facts and figures.

My main point is really that there is an air of uncertainty. The crew I have spoken to (and this in no way a majority!) are concerned that there is no clarity with what is on offer, and no reasurance that soon down the line, any changes now will allow for bigger changes.

My concern is that if the crew aren't going to lose money by accepting this new payment, how does it save BA money, and whats the point in it??
My concern is that I read the same comms from Bill francis as cabin crew have received, I understood what was being offered, and yet I keep reading posts and, more importantly, hearing from cabin crew on the ground, that they clearly don't understand the offer.

Either
1. Cabin crew aren't taking time to read the documents carefully, ask questions to clarify, then discuss the ramifications sensibly.

or 2. They are ignoring company comms, accepting the Bassa line and then being confused at the end result.

No wonder it's such a protracted negotiation.

The fixed monthly payment is to balance out the overall allowances paid for taxable, non meal allowances. It's based on allowances paid in the lucrative 07/08 year, and is an optional method of payment for every individual.

Food allowances will be paid and taxed exactly as they have been (recent tax changes notwithstanding, but that's another tale of Bassa failure.)

Why now are cabin crew seeking to find out the facts? They were always there!