PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official Soccer World Cup 2010 Thread
Old 25th Feb 2010, 07:25
grjplanes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm going to watch a game or two.
That figure of 364000 visitors isn't the only visitors, there are thousands of other tourists as well, that is just tickets sold...throughout the year tourism carries, bringing in a rough 10million tourists to South Africa a year, of which 2 to 3 million is not from the African continent...although many of the African visitors (Angola, Kenya, Ghana, Gabon etc.) is the biggers spenders, thus more important. A tourist can be from Africa, just like Cyprus' tourists is also predominantly from the continent unit they belong to themselves.
There is always expressions of security, from anyone going to any country...but hey we only need 10million visitors a year from 6 billion on the planet, those that are concerned, unprepared, scared or get blindsided by british media can just as well stay home.
I think we'll be pleasantly surprised, yes, there is very likely to be a tourist or two being robbed and the british media will have a ball of a time with that, but hey that's how we know them, and those that know better won't be influenced.
Somehow I kind of get the idea that this forum has alot more pessimistic sour people active (luckily not all)...that wants things to be wrong, and only want to see wrong and predict the worse.