PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 24th Feb 2010, 20:11
EGCC4284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet are asking CTC to provide pilots to fly easyJet aircraft for a maximum of £23,000 a year, and that’s if they do 900 hours a year. They are also asking these new pilots to sign a 3 year contract with penalties if they want to drop our before the 3 years is up. Please someone tell me if I am wrong.

So again, a message to easyJet pilots. Your management are taking the piss out of you, me and every pilot in the UK.

I am many others on the outside can not believe that you are not kicking off about this.

My problem is not that its through CTC or Parc, but that you lot seem to think that “I’m alright Jack” is going to make things any better. Its not.

I and many others can’t believe that the easyJet CC with your support are not doing something about this.

Give it another 2-3 years, and it will be too late then. When you have near to 500 pilots in your company on this scheme from around the world, then you won’t be able to do anything about it.
Then you have a 1000 and then those FO’s who are on a normal wage now will soon realise that you are an endangered species that’s cost more than others doing the same job as you. It in my last career.

The next thing that is going to happen is DEC and then possibly summer only Captains

Its simple, you do your time, get your job and get paid the same as everyone else on year 1 in that job. No more, no less.

Don’t blame these cadets for it. When they started their journey over 15 months ago, CTC had a great record of getting them positions. They are now in a situation of do I or don’t I.

Let me ask you all this. If easyJet are taking these cadets on at a max of £23,000 a year, do they or don’t they need pilots. Why are they doing this. My thoughts are only that they are using the situation in preparation for driving down your T&C’s.

Its a joke and anyone who says its their fault, well sorry mate, but you are as much to blame if you have that attitude. The "I'm alright Jack" just sums up what idiots you are

Big Bad, I take my hat off to you.