PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 24th Feb 2010, 16:00
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
On the use of power

I posted yesterday, saying that an 80% vote in support on an 80% turnout was solid support, and that ths dispute would now be settled by the use of power on both sides.

A certain Mr C Whelan, who used to be a Government spin doctor, in the Campbell/Mandy mode, but without their charm, left the Government in difficult circumstances a while ago. The nice Trade Union, Unite, decided entirely of their own volition, of course, to give Mr Whelan a job.

If you folk would explore a little, I think you'll find that Mr Whelan is one of the "gofers" between Unite and our much loved Government.

I suspect that our esteemed Government's Department of dirty tricks is now heavily involved in the BA dispute.

What with the internal warfare in Unite, and the involvement of one of our favourite spin- doctors, this saga will run and run.

As I speculated yesterday, can anyone else see Mandy as the peacemaker here?? Not, of course, that he would do it just before an election, now, would he???