PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Gloomy day in Cyprus
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2002, 17:13
Myra Leese

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
High Spirits and Etheral Entity

The decision to replace service engineers with civilians has taken place and nothing you or I or anyone else says will change that; I did not say in my post that this would have been my preferred option. The vast majority of engineers I have had the privelage to work with have been dedicated, professional and motivated individuals. What makes you think that their civilian counterparts, many ex-service, will not be of the same high standard. I prefer to meet them before I make ill informed judgement as seems to be your preferred option.

The riots you describe have not actually happened, there was one night of disturbance last Tuesday but very little since, we are not under seige.

You seem to think that 84 Sqn will not be a good place to work next year. Fine, tell your desk officer you don't want to come and let us worry about the challenges that the next 18 months will bring.

One final thought, why will 84 not be front line just because the gingers don't wear blue suits? This probably seems like a major bite to your posts and it probably is, but I am fed up with the facile ill-informed bickering which seems to be taking over this forum