PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet pilots, your management are taking the piss now
Old 24th Feb 2010, 08:49
DADDY-OH!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
al446

Well may I suggest you try offering options, suggestions & alternatives to how we can fight P2F & enlighten those who seek such a path, instead of picking through other people's posts. I haven't read through any of your previous posts because I don't micro-examine what people wrote days or weeks ago. If you are passionate about ending P2F then help find a solution & refrain from questioning at every turn, those who want to try. By the way, my previous post wasn't spleen venting- It's just the findings, observations & opinions of someone who has been in this industry for the last 24 years.

Wildpilot.

'Oscar-winning stuff'? Nope just the thoughts & feelings of someone who has been in airlines from charter to scheduled long haul to Low Cost & knows exactly how 'important' pilots are & how 'unimportant' pilots are deemed, but if we don't start to make a stand, where will it end? You may not be an airline pilot- that's your choice.

How many careers in industries start off with someone having to pay over £100k for the joy of doing a job they love?

How many careers in industries are there when someone has the responsibility of hundreds of lives every day?

I decided to be a pilot because I wanted to fly, loved aeroplanes & wanted to travel & see the world. Don't get me wrong, I still love the job & go to work with a smile on my face, but when I come to retire on a pittance of a pension & no savings because I've been too poorly paid to save & spent half of my career paying off training debts, those days of smiles while driving to work aren't going to pay my bills are they? You are a bush pilot & I'm happy for you. I was a bush pilot too when I first started out in my career over 20 years ago & enjoyed it but knew my dream was airliners. As for you're inferrence that the aeroplane flies itself, well that may be but we don't get paid for watching what it does, we get paid for taking over when it doesn't.

Enough said.