PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - W M U
Thread: W M U
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2002, 16:22
presbycusis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigh!

telemex - no, I'm not a moderator, but I agree with you, this forum is for reporting RUMOURS and FACTS affecting all wannabees. Since rumours are inherently destructive, they also affect employees and families, so I reserve the right to correct errors of fact on here like I did in my post. Here are a couple more for you:

1. In the past 18 months only one ground instructor has left (Jan 2002). The last one to leave before that was in Dec 2000 (5th to be precise). In the past two and a half years, only 5 have left. FACT.

2. In the past 5 months, 5 flying instructors have left, for one reason or another and I'm not about to state how many for which reason. FACT.

gospel granny - Don't confuse the J1 visa with others such as the H1B. this is a University, the J1 is an educational visa and the University can issue one to whom it likes for whatever programme it wishes. All but 3 of the current instructors have applied for Green Cards and all those 3 are leaving anyway. BTW, since this is your first post and judging from your profile I'm assuming you post here under another nick too - but that's maybe just a rumour!

Send Clowns - That's nearer the truth - ty. In addition yes, if you stay in the US after two years you owe the IRS back tax.

no sponsor - valid point!!