PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions Join Forces Against V Australia
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2010, 01:07
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
waren, fair enough. We'll agree to disagree. Can I ask what your background and experiences are based upon? What types of operations? What sort of time frames? What sort of cadets? Are you talking QF cadets? Rex? Others?

To take my comments further, I've often found that many ex cadets have a harder work ethic than others of different backgrounds. Many of them put more into their preparation, more effort into their review and they tend to work pretty hard in the aircraft to stay in front of it. In all cases I suspect they're well aware of their lessor experience base and are working hard to ensure that they can broaden that base as much as possible and as quickly as possible. I've seen this work ethic provide dividends when the cadet's operation runs rings around the supposedly harder working GA driver or ex military types. To sum it up, I can only think of a single cadet who I've worked with in QF who I would classify as having had a poor work ethic. I reckon that's not a bad rate when compared to the other crew that I've operated with over the years who I would put in the same basket.

Anyway, back to VIPA and AIPA working together.