PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KLM 737 @t EHAM & Aeroflot 737 @ ENGM taxiway take-off
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 20:16
clouddriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, to everyone bashing the total group of 2700+ KLM pilots,

Please come over to my house and have a beer with me, you'll see I'm not very different than all of you, i love aviation, i try to be as professional as i can and i am lucky to have a well paying and stable contract at a an airline that cares well for it's employees. I don't complain and am very grateful to be able to do my job under the conditions provided by KLM.

I have never been told either by my instructors or fellow pilots that I AM THE BEST, some people on her live with the assumption that klm pilots are brain washed to think they are the TOP GUNS of commercial aviation. I don't know where they get it from.....

I would like to tell you that because of the current economic climate and the state af-klm is in, a few hundred pilots are voluntarily working ground shifts iso flying, and they are loading bagage, driving toilet trucks, connecting ground equipment etc etc all with fellow rampers in the cold winter. Do you call this arrogance? Every klm pilot loves their company, yes, but that doesn't make us a arrogant lot, it makes us a PROUD lot.

So please stop all the assumptions, come and have a beer and focus on the serious incident and the lessons that will be learnt

Safe Flying,

clouddriver