PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Canx - Your Views Please
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 17:27
Final 3 Greens

Fargoo

I can pretty much do whatever I want with the KM ticket, as it is a flexible business class fare, but after 4 weeks abroad, I don't wish to delay another day by slipping it back to Friday.

My thinking was I'd just swap my KM MUC-MLA for a LHR-MLA (I can do that) and stop my journey at LHR.

But the agent says, following a conversation with the airline, that bmi would insist on checking the luggage through to MUC.

Frontcheck

The refund would depend on the fare conditons for the RUH/LHR/MUC sectors (assuming it is a through ticket). It could well be that there is very little difference in the fare RUH/LHR AND RUH/LHR/MUC and when you then take the UK taxes into account you could find yourself owing bmi money as the fare terminating in LHR is more expensive. Just a thought.
bmi cancelled the LHR MUC flight, not me, so I don't think your logic is correct in this instance.

bmi conditions are

10.2 INVOLUNTARY REFUNDS

10.2.1.2 if a portion of the Ticket has been used, the refund will be not less than the difference between the fare paid and the applicable fare for travel between the points for which the Ticket has been used.

As I read that, that means the total cost of the ticket less the portion of that cost for the LHR-MUC segment.

One can hardly cancel a flight on a customer and then alter the fare basis for the remaining usable portion, even though that may be higher if booked separately.

All bmi has done is to re-ticket me, under my protest that I do not accept this arrangement.

Yes, it is a throught ticket on bmi paper, D class.

Last edited by Final 3 Greens; 23rd Feb 2010 at 17:38.