PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 13:54
teddybear44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy

Believe me I've listened to all the arguments, on here, on TV in the newspapers and word of mouth. I've read the parts of the high court judgement cited on here and elsewhere in the media. Not only that I've seen it all before (groan!) in previous disputes. I am against a strike by the BA cabin crew over this imposition (or whatever they believe it to be about). My view is that the changes were reasonable, the legal action was misguided, the judgement correct and the vote for a strike, apart from being bad news for the employer, undermined by the fact that there is a volunteer workforce said to be ready to step up and a CEO seemingly ready to face it down. I do NOT agree with the apparent route taken by the union and it's members but that does not mean I want to see them crushed as a workforce. Wholesale changes are not always good ideas, unless certain football teams are to be considered and that is why small adjustments, considered reasonable to address the issues, by almost everybody else, should perhaps be accepted.

Ted