PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 13:50
PaddyMiguel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is time for wholesale change of Cabin Crew.
I think that's a bit OTT, there are many eager, willing, hard-working and skilled CC out there who have been misled and fooled by their elected representatives into believing that BA is 'out to get them'. BA have not done sufficient IMHO to reassure these frightened souls that the future isn't all bleak. In fact they have done the opposite. Simply by telling them just how terrible BA's financial position really is and the need for change they have driven them in to the arms of their union who have promised to keep everything as it is and 'preserve their hard-fought T&Cs'. For outsiders (I mean non-BA crew) it is almost impossible to conceive of the gulf in trust between BA and crew. And it goes both ways. I was surrounded in Compass by managers who thought crew were skiving, back-sliding, lazy, neer-do-wells. Unless and until that feeling of mutual mistrust and disrespect is repaired then this dispute will continue to simmer long after the strike is over.