PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 13:26
teddybear44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy

I hope is does not come to this. Whilst it is evident I do not agree that a strike is the way to settle this, I would not like to see everyone caught up in this dispute, in that position. These are after all real people with families etc. There must be a better way. I do not wish for a wholesale worsening of everyones lifestyles to be the outcome and I don't think any fair minded person would. But I am struggling to see the other side of the coin on this. It is certainly a very curious dispute. It seems to me that the motivation for a strike is about what might happen to them in the future not about what has or is happening, curious indeed.

I hold out a hope that some form of discussion and clarification about future plans (if that is the issue) might bring about a rapid conclusion to this for the good of all, especially the long suffering general public thinking of booking flights on BA of which I am one. But like you say, not holding my breath. Incidentally, have had many good flights on BA with highly responsive CC and never had cause to complain. Don't ruin it all, please !

Ted