PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions Join Forces Against V Australia
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 11:13
A. Le Rhone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...except I as a recruiter for a 'proper' airline won't even look sideways at a QF S/O or VA Crz FO. Sorry, but those positions are irrelevant and basically amount to nothing. They may temporarily give the recipients access to pretty girls and the pretence of importance but that's all (although at QF you may have the possibility of advancing to F/O one day (???).
On the other hand if I'm recruiting somebody whose been flying around single pilot IFR in a 'busted arse 402/Metro/PA31' I will look most favourably on them. There are fewer more difficult jobs out there and no better training ground for a subsequent LHS in a jet.
If you can handle delicate piston-engine handling and Single Pilot IFR procedures in thunderstorms simultaneously tiptoeing around dubious employers you are almost a dead-set certainty for employment in my crowd.
If however you've opted for a back seat in a shiny jet I'm worried that you've become fat, lazy ans indoctrinated to avarice (especially at QF) and sorry but that's not so appealing.
I know it's a generalization but Beware the shiny jet syndrome.