PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions Join Forces Against V Australia
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 06:07
laut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said High-Bypass !

I'm watching the rush begin again. You are all aware of the pay and conditions of the LCC's you run for to say you fly a jet. That's great, but when you are there don't complain about the guys and girls that sat back and waited for a job that actually offered fair terms. A job that gave you a parking space, a job where you didn't have to pay for your uniform. a job where you were paid a training wage, a job where you had a chance of real progression, a job where you felt that you were getting treated and paid in a way that reflected the hard yards you have done where ever you flew and studied over the years.
Oh wait ! Alot of you haven't done much flying and really don't know what hard yards are do you ?! Alot of you jumped at cadetships with Qlink and Rex etc and now realise you maybe stuck for quite a while. A long while... Well no surprises there, they wanted you to stay !!! For the Crz F/O's at VOZ, well I don't even want to begin. It is sickening.
I hope this latest batch of people running for JQ and VB don't start complaining after the first few months on the pretty jets wear off but history indicates other wise.
I also hope for pilots to stop being such a selfish bunch and look out for the future conditions of fellow aviators. It has been said to death but it is SO simple. If you don't apply or show interest in these positions that offer pay and conditions that would be more suited to the unskilled labour market then the operators have to improve their game. We still need pilots (or monkeys) to "fly" these machines.
Wouldn't it be nice if your child one day showed an interest in aviation and you were able to encourage that interest ? Well I know most of us that have watched what has happened (especially over the last 10 years) would tell the little one to forget it.