PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Emirates Airlines - Now the wheels are REALLY (!) comin' off !
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 05:31
yardman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the good old days I was always happy to help crew scheduling if they asked me to work on a day off. The reason was simple; when I needed a favour they were ALWAYS willing to try and help me out. However since we've experienced our own form of regime change and that quid pro quo no longer applies. So I now I NEVER work on a day off.

Management has reduced this to a straight business proposition. Loyalty or team spirit no longer enters the equation. They pay me and work my published roster. Nothing more nothing less. And the shame is that this predicament that they now find themselves in is entirely of their own making and didn't have to happen. They made it clear to us that we are just indispensible number or cost units. Well, that's fine if that's the way they want to play. However don't be surprised when I start acting like how I'm treated.

It would have cost them nothing to retain a little humanity and treat their employees like human beings, but they took a conscious decision to do otherwise. At first it really bothered me. Now I simply don't care. It's just strictly business.

Good luck to those who have decided to move on. I hope your new circumstances are an improvement over what this once great airline has sadly become.

Yardman