PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 23rd Feb 2010, 01:17
Sceva161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krusty:

Issue I am having is being a flight instructor, I really only see SE command, so my MECom is lacking - probably around the 200hr mark...
I have ME ICUS (270hr) and Co-Pilot from RPT ops in a very very small regional from years ago obviously with 2 Pilot Ops...
Hold my ATPL with around 2300TT, but thinking that's not gonna help me at all with so many guys having their 500 MECom Minimums, and wondering what the progression would be like for me?

Feels like (from previous posts/threads) I would be shafted for upgrades even more than some cadets with lower TTimes..!!??!!

Anyway, guess I just wanna know if the cost of getting in/rostering and Pay scale (with a loan to pay that damn endorsement) is worth the time and effort, or going out and getting that magic 500 MECom is the better way to go?

I know people have many different opinions on this, but hearing it from someone who recently got in - with my dilemmas - how they feel they are going?

Any help appreciated!