PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened after my Pilapt assessment.
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 22:36
fly_antonov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let' s give the guy a chance folks.
He at least came on here to talk about it.

Imagine all the morons who are in the "where do I sign" line, without even taking a second opinion.

I was 19 not so long ago so I can tell that I have learned alot more over the past few years then I did until I was 18.
Alot of it had to do with establishing responsibility and facing liabilities.

I always live the moment thinking that I know exactly what I'm doing at that very moment but a few years later I realise how clueless and naive I was and regret some mistakes. That' s how I learn not to repeat them again.
Life is a repeating cassette tape of learning from one' s mistakes.

Fortunately I was already taught at high school that a good bank robber doesn' t enter a bank without planning at least a second escape route. I have succesfully put that into practice until now (read the metafore).

That can' t be said of my fellow pilots who went integrated and struggle to find a job and go broke.

They are like bank robbers who were so excited about running into the bank that they forgot to think about how they would get out.
Some could get away with it by finding an escape route on the spot, many more would land in jail, losing their (financial) freedoms.