PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen delay question
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 22:11
cyclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a particular crew wants to cut it fine for whatever reason then that's their problem.
I think you have demonstrated in this statement a complete misunderstanding of the operation offshore. No crew that I know of deliberately cuts it fine. Why would they?

DB was giving sensible information that would allow any reasonable professional the opportunity to avoid a worsening situation.

If you treat all the crews in the same manner then after a while all the crews will be less likely to help. As I said before, I think we generally get an excellent service from ATC and we are always willing to help where we can. Sometimes it is not what is said, it is the way it is said and someone with your obvious experience will know this. I'm sure that if you and your colleagues have a genuine concern about how one of the companies operates then there is a formal process where that concern can be addressed. I know for a fact it would be taken very seriously and if proved to have some foundation would be acted on.