PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 21:36
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAAlltheway
Hmm. Do we really think it realistic to introduce temporary masures which have to be re-paid/unpicked at a later date?

If it happens for crew, in the interests of fairness, it would have to happen for all other BA departments.
That would be great. I would no longer have to do the work of 3 senior managers, as well as my own, i would get back pay for the extra hours i work on top opf my contracted ones and my 3 year pay freeze could be restrospectively corrected.
Multiply that up by every other BA staff member who has taken a hit, and the cost to the company would immediately plunge BA back into the red.

Will i also get my 5% salary sacrifice x 7 months back from post 9/11?

I'm afraid, as much as i would love to have things back the way they were, it is just not realistic. Permanent change means the companmy has cost certainty and can make solid long term plans, which in the long run should help the company to become a financially stable and profitable business. And that is the end game which will benefit all the most. Delayed gratification.
All valid points, but it still leaves the threat of IA in the coming weeks. I have had a couple of goes at answering you, but they were all rubbish!