PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 21:08
Caribbean Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some crew don't care

My co-worker is office-based, his sister is WWF. He asked her why she voted to strike as it would be damaging to BA, not to mention the employment prospects of the other BA employees (including himself). Oh, and what about the £3.7bn pension deficit. She replied: "Don't care."

Now, this is a person who has on a number of occasions asked her brother to buy or repair her laptops as she can't afford to do it herself. She isn't thinking straight, and she isn't the only one.

What I find interesting is that hard line attitudes amongst crew will result in a backlash. Her brother was initially sympathetic to cabin crew, now he is against them. And their parents are also against the crew.

Speaking personally, my attitude has also hardened. If some cabin crew want to badly damage BA, then I will work seven days a weeks to help break the strike and break their union. Some cabin crew think that they are indispensable - they will soon find out otherwise.