PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 20:53
cloudn9ne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulbs, despite the meaning of the judges statement i think the one fact remains.

In my opinion BA has now seen that BASSA will never be willing to make reasonable change or compromise. I'm sure many will say that a unions rightful purpose should be to protect the members Ts and Cs. But this shouldnt be to the detrement of the company they work for and all the other employees.

I think as ''negotiations'' have advanced over the 9 or so months BA have realised just how uncompromising and resistant to change the union is. Great from the Cabin Crews point of view but in the real world not sustainable.

A company will never be competative and successfull unless it adapts and I think BASSA will always undermine and hold back any change the company may need to make in the future.

The distruption agreement must be sorted and so must a new fleet if BA is to become a more successful business. While BASSA remains in such a strong position neither of these issues can be addressed as they are resistant to both. I think this is why tempory change wasnt going to address the power struggle BA needed to put to rest. BA cannot be in a postion where BASSA dictates what it does.