PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen delay question
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2010, 20:33
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double Bogey,
To be honest I am not interested in a helicopters fuel state unless they declare an emergency.If a particular crew wants to cut it fine for whatever reason then that's their problem.My problem is protecting the runway and being safe and fair to everyone.

Cyclic,
I have already mentioned the East side operator to the powers that be.I think most Tower controllers are very wary as most have learned the hard way.However the standard gap doesn't work with them,as they are so slow from the threshold to touching down.My answer is I hold them until I can either set up a bigger gap,or make sure the following aircraft is in a medium category.An inbound fixed wing can travel 5 miles from the time they travel from the localiser to touchdown.The following light category must be at or over 4 miles at that point.Therefore I must have 9 miles,and more like 12 miles to try and set it up.The standard gap is 8 miles.Now you go and figure.
What happened when I held an East side operator in SVFR due weather,traffic,deicing a runway,and 6 waiting outbounds.They complained on the R/T and then by phone.Charming